Takeoff Tuesday: New Thread and Product Pages
Greetings FixYa fanatics! In this week’s edition of Takeoff Tuesday we run through the improvements you’ll see when you land on a thread page to view a solution or go to a product page to check out a hot new product.
You can visit these new pages by visiting www.fixya.com and searching for a solution/product. Or you can just click here if you’re not in the browsing mood and want us to do all the work for you.
It’s what we’re here for. Happy to oblige.
But back to the task at hand. Our main goals when we designed this new thread page were as follows:
- Provide a sleeker and more modern experience for you and 30 million other monthly FixYa users
- Give Experts more tools at their disposal to solve questions from thread pages
- Encourage more interaction amongst users by highlighting the comment sections
- Provide askers and browsers a clear idea where the question stands (solved or unsolved)
- Retain the core functionality of the FixYa experience while improving upon the sturdy infrastructure of the best product support site in the world
Right when you land on the new thread page you can just how much it hums– the layout is very similar to what we had in the past, but small housekeeping tweaks around the page improve your experience by leaps and bounds.
It’s easier to view solutions, interact with other users, and find exactly what you’re looking for. Furthermore, we’ve experienced greater interaction with the page when we rolled it out in our initial beta test for select users.
The product team’s number one goal is to always make sure the 30 million people who come to our site each month are happy with any changes we make. That’s why we test and test, listen to feedback, and test again. We’re happy that you guys are happy with the changes, and as always, invite you to reach out to us at support-at-fixya-dot-com if you have anything on your mind.
You can see an image of the new page below.
Click “Continue Reading” to see a full list of the improvements we have made to the page.
A list of the major improvements are as follows:
- Larger pictures indicating which product is being asked about and which Expert has answered the question
- A big green check mark that pops up next to the best solution on the thread (the one that’s received the most upvotes)
- The number of solutions an Expert has answered on FixYa next to his name
- Questions and answers are now boxed to give you a clearer indication of who said what
- Improved breadcrumbs at the top of the page that improve your ability to navigate
- Green boxes that give you a clear way to answer the question if you know how to
- The number of solutions (in this example, 1) listed at the top of the page for users who are browsing the site
- Subtle shading and textures around the boxes that make it easier for you to read the content
We’re really proud of how it turned out and hope you guys enjoy it the more you use the site.
Now head on over to FixYa and give it a spin!